Wednesday, August 18, 2010

They taste like donuts but look like muffins

Oh hell yes! Muffins that taste like donuts? Seriously? Dead. and yes, this recipe is a deadly mix of butter, cinnamon, and sugar. I made them this morning for my hubby before work and he was in love. Everyone needs a little hump day pick me up, right?
  • 1-¾ cup Flour
  • 1-½ teaspoon Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ½ teaspoons Nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
  • ⅓ cups Oil
  • ¾ cups White Sugar
  • 1 whole Egg
  • ¾ cups Milk

  • FOR THE TOPPING:
  • ¼ cups Butter
  • ⅓ cups White Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.

Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl. Combine the white sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.

Shake muffins out while still hot. Dip muffins in butter, then into the sugar/cinnamon mix. Let cool.


P.S. I ran out of the butter and sugar/cinnamon mix with two muffins left to go- I might have been a tad overzealous with my dipping and mixing technique.

1 comment:

  1. Omigosh. Need one NOW! Looks delish and so going to make these on Saturday for my boys!

    ReplyDelete