Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Fever


The baby fever is definitely setting in! And that of course brings with it a bounty of questions about whether or not we are anywhere near ready for a bundle of joy. Hubbs being six years older then me would have liked to have one YESTERDAY lol Although if I got pregnant now I would be of course over the moon- I get these questions running through my mind and can't seem to find the right answers for them:
The baby is forever- that cute baby will grown into an angstful teen..
I know I haven't accomplished all I need to in life as far as career goes- how will I do this with a baby on my hip?
Can we really afford a baby? I know this is such a common fear, but really who doesn't have that fear with this economy?
No more spontaneous trips- not like we do a ton of those anyways, but its nice knowing we have the freedom.
My body. I'm so out of shape and out of control with my eating now- I will more look like a blimp then a pregnant woman lol I know this is so irrational, but I truly want to be a really in shape mom and do not want to pass along my body issues to my child.
Another thing to take into account is that I do not know if these questions are my age popping up or simply the common insecure moments every woman has when thinking about a baby. I'm in my mid twenties- my hubbs and all of our friends are in their early thirties... All my life I have been much older for my age and actually get along better with my older girlfriends then most girls my age. I just wonder could this finally be my age playing into my decision or what?
Then I take another look at us and our little family that could be.... Hubbs will be a fabulous father and I know we would be amazing parents. We are such nesters and would love to be involved with our child and showing him or her all about life. I love the idea of people who do not change their life for their child, but welcome their child into their life and make it work.
I feel a lot better getting all this off my chest-still confused as all hell, but better- I'm off to get supplies for the LKN Jr.s meeting tonight and go for a walk with the poodles.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard a lot of people say that you're never fully prepared to have a baby. I think when you guys get to that point, you'll know. When couples around you start having babies, you definitely will notice who has them & who doesn't.

    Thanks for the comment - I drive by Varji Varji on Morehead every day on my way to & from work. I've often thought of them as a potential salon. I'm hoping the person I went to yesterday will be someone who I can keep going back to. Switching hairstylists is hard!

    ReplyDelete