Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dream home inspiration:)






















These pics were taken while on a nice day trip into Charlotte (we live up by Lake Norman 30mins north). My mother is in town and due to the fact that I desperately needed the roots touched up at my salon I decided to show momma around the Dilworth neighborhood. SO ADORABLE! There really isn't one house I don't like around there- even the Starbucks is located in a quaint bungalow. The streets are lined with huge trees and its so kid friendly too.


For those not familiar with Dilworth- it pretty much (pardon me being blunt here) means you have lots and lots of mulah to spend on a house. Most homes start at $500k for a bungalow. One thing that I noticed immediately after moving here is just how friendly everyone is... regardless of how much money you make or what your job is.... It's pretty darn refreshing. I'm from the south and even still Charlotte amazes me with the hospitality around here.


My mother and I also decided to stop by the Cottage Chic store that I posted about earlier. Its very cute and located in a little bungalow on East street (where there are a lot of little shops). The shop is actually owned by three girls who are very sweet and were very helpful. I must say they have great gifts to buy for special occassions, but the furniture is a little pricey ($1080 for a small side table). I ended up FALLING IN LOVE with this scent below and both momma and I each picked up a bottle to bring home (Hey if you can't afford the big stuff at least get a small item, right?)


This is my new scent that I am currently in love with: Mangosteen by Fresh!

1 comment:

  1. Sigh - I love Dilworth too! Mr. Potts and I would love to be able to, but we can't afford anything in there. :(

    ReplyDelete