Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's SPRING!




Spring in the south is such a wonderful time of year! I'm so excited to experience all the seasons up here in NC. It just makes you feel alive! I've been a busy girl since my last post. Friday I didn't stop all day- I was a productive bee! I ran a ton of errands and Friday night was supper club with all the girlies. We did a Mexican/southwest theme. I made some burritos that didn't turn out as well as I wanted (needed more sauce), Nicole made a great southwest chop salad, Aimee brought yummy southwest chicken rolls as an appetizer, Keesha brought this YUMMY sweet cornmeal thingy- not sure what it was called even though she told me three times- but it was good! Yasmine brought a bean salad and Caroline made some Empanadas (sp?). Its always good to get with the girls and catch up. Yasmine is due in the next 5 weeks! I can't believe in a little over a month baby Jaxon will be here... I can't wait to see him.


Backtracking to Thursday night- Dan asked me to make some sort of sweet treat for his employees for doing such a good job at work. So I got all Martha Stewart and made adorable cupcakes! I used the Magnolia bakery recipe for the cupcake, bought store bought vanilla frosting (after the last frosting debacle I didn't dare make my own), green pastel sprinkles, and placed three pastel colored almonds on them. I then got green paper and cut it up for grass and put it in a brown paper chinese box from Michaels and tied with a bow. They were so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment