Monday, April 13, 2009

Leftover peeps vs. the treadmill and daily musings





This weekend was a ton of fun! Friday night was very mellow- just a relaxing night in with me and the hubbs. Saturday night I went with the girls from the horse barn to downtown Charlotte for the Charlotte Jumper Classic. We ate at Brixx ( I had a great salad, but can't remember the name of it) and then headed over to Time Warner Arena where the Charlotte Bobcats play. This show attracted a ton of Olympic riders like McClain Ward, Beezie Madden, and Rodrigo Pessao. The night finished up with the Puissance- which is a jumping competition where they use this HUGE wall and whoever gets over it without knocking it down wins $25,000! I took a picture of one of the riders (actually her name is Georgina Bloomberg= yeah, like the same Georgina Bloomberg, daughter of New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg). This picture actually shows the height of the wall in comparison with the horse and rider.
Sunday I went back to the competition with the hubbs and watched the Grand Prix with a purse of $450,000! First place went to Rodrigo Pessao- he ended up with a nice days work taking home $112,000! Hubbs really enjoyed it too! We had the best frozen margarita there too- so yummy!





VS.





So tonight was an inner duel between eating leftover Easter peeps or showing my treadmill some love. The peeps won.


I ended up sitting here watching TV completely drowning in my sorrows over eating the entire bag of peeps. Honestly, they are good, but they are NOT thaaaaaaaaaaat good. Ugh to have self control would have been useful before I tore into that sugar fest.
Lately I have been a little down and cannot really seem to get a grip on what exactly I'm bumming about... I think my weight is definitely up there on the bummer list. Moving out of state from FL to NC definitely was stressful, and not being used to the cold weather and wanting to go work out did have an impact. Really though all of this is just excuses for not going out and just getting my butt working out!
Also working from home is definitely getting to me- I'm not getting enough outside stimulation at all. I need to get some volunteer work under my belt not only to do good in the community, but also get out and be around more activity.
What is really funny is that I got totally inspired by a commercial spotlighting the state of Michigan and the light houses there. It starts off by saying how many mornings the average American has in his or her lifetime- WHOA wake up call! I definitely can't be taking life for granted- its time to get out and live it!


No comments:

Post a Comment