Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hello Babies

So I feel bad because I was going to bring my camera over to take a ton of pics of baby Jaxon, but I forgot once again. A friend of mine had him two weeks ago. He's so adorable and Yas is such a great mom. So she gave me her whole labor and delivery story which I always find so interesting. Caroline was also there and Nicole ended up coming over later. One thing I really realized was how I have NO NADDA NOTHING in experience with babies- especially newborns. Trust I know a ton about them, watch A Baby Story (not that that really counts lol), and read up on all the knowledge I can, but when it comes to holding little Jaxon I was kinda like a deer in the headlights lol I guess I was scared of not holding him right or supporting him right or I really don't know what the hell was my problem lol I ended up sitting in the same position with him till my arm was about ready to fall off. Maybe I was disappointed that I didn't feel like a natural with him? Whats all this Dan and I wanting a baby and I feel weird holding a newborn business about??? I think I just have had zilch for practice- I am an only child and all my friends are just now starting to have babies. Seriously everyone in our circle is having a baby or trying! And as we were sitting there one of my friends (I can't say who because with my luck someone will come across this blog and the news will be out) is PREGNANT!!! 6weeks along exactly! I was so excited I started getting teary eyed (Im such a marshmellow). I think I was also surprised because it happened to fast for them- where I have a few other friends who have been working on it for like 6months. I ended up leaving shortly after and I found myself wondering what this weird feeling was I was feeling- I mean I am rarely short on words and I just can't for the life of me express what I was feeling... it wasn't happiness.. it wasn't sadness... it just was. and it was weird.
I called Dan on the way home and told them so and so was expecting (he is high school friend with her hubby). He was shocked and excited and then promptly asked when we were getting pregnant. I changed the subject because I had no idea what this weird feeling was and didn't feel like really getting into it. Whats up with this? Ugh anyways I'm off to chill with my Real Housewives of NYC DVR shows (so excited about the reunion show tonight) and then I am going to pick up trash with the LKN Jr.s for a volunteer thing- fun fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment