Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sick as a..and we bought a house!

Ugh the plague has hit me lol... no I did not contract the swine flu (although I did have a moment of hesitation haha). No, I just ended up with the hubbs swore throat and sniffles this morning that ended up in a full blown cold by 4pm today. How come he just gets the sniffles and I am like a leaking faucet running around the house for tissues?Not fair at all.

Anyways a lot has happened in the past few days. I know that I had posted a picture of a house in a subdivision we were thinking of buying, but things have drastically changed (isn't it funny how your plans never work out?). We decided to go in on property with my parents - and before you ask if Im totally crazy for having my parents live close- this is 10 acres we are talking about! And if you were to meet me in real life you would know that as preppy as I am I love to ride horses (I sold my last one before college), I have actually raised chickens before, and I love everything that has to do with rolling pastures and home grown organic vegetables! Actually we are purchasing the home on the property and 2.5 acres with it. My parents will be putting up a summer home on the other side of the land so they will not be there all the time. Now as selfish as this might sound I'm glad to have my parents there occassionaly (having a spelling issue sorry !) When we have kids it will be really nice to have a baby sitter there and not only that my mother and I are like best friends. We are really lucky to have this opportunity so I thank my lucky stars everyday!
The land is just great- the house is even going to be really nice once we put finishing touches to it, its also in a great school district and only 27miles to Charlotte (but if anyone is from around here you know I77 at peak times turns that into about 1 hr drive lol). It has about 15 full grown gorgeous pear trees lining the drive down to the house (we are going to name it Pear Tree Farm)- it also has a full grown peach and cherry tree on it!
I will post pics as soon as I can... we close on it on June 15th!!!

2 comments:

  1. ohh that sounds FABULOUS!! is this north of charlotte or south?? the hubbs and I have been thinking about the york area. your new place sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete