Monday, March 16, 2009

Late at night....

So its almost 2am and here I am watching an episode of "Intervention" and thinking I should really turn to a less depressing show, but the remote is across the room and I can't muster the energy. I really should just go to sleep, but my mind feels like its going a million miles a second. Mainly my thoughts are about the housing market...We thought we found our dream house (well the house we would build), but then today we ran across a foreclosure up the street from the lake house (although not on the lake). Its about $50,ooo LESS than what it would be to build the Magnolia. I am on the fence about it... it does remind me of a Florida house (which to me is a big fat negative) and its not as far south as I would like to be (it would be nice to be closer to friends and a younger crowd)... but its a foreclosure in a neighborhood of $260,000+ homes. A new kitchen and some hardwoods and this place could look fantastic. I'm guessing its just the fear of not being happy in this house.... I know I should feel like "this is it, its the one", but I wonder is there any other foreclosures out there better? I just don't know. Its nice to have a buyers market, but when there is so much to choose from how do you decide?

Other than worrying about the housing market I am looking forward to this week. My mother will be up here till Thursday or Friday and we did some great shopping at the Southpark mall. I found the light blue pepper shaker I have wanted forever on sale! 50% off! Very happy about that purchase. Mama found a great pink sweater at J.Crew and also bought two pillow shams at Pottery Barn. Wednesday night is the LKN Jr.s new member social and C and N are coming with me. Should be fun and I'm looking forward to getting more involved with these girls... they all seem very nice and outgoing. Friday night is N's birthday and we are all going out to eat and then to drinks at a local wine bar. Saturday we have Y's baby shower... can I tell you how excited I am for Y's baby Jaxon to arrive?? He's going to be adorable and I can't wait to see mama Y with him- she will be a wonderful mother... speaking of babies... I'm getting a serious case of baby fever...ugh now my brain really needs a rest. Good night....

No comments:

Post a Comment