Monday, March 2, 2009

Those darn chairs

After finally deciding to paint my chairs.. it took me a total of two weeks to prime, paint, and distress six chairs. I was really lucky because the couple that we purchased our old house in FL for had these chairs (painted dark green- not pretty lets just say that...), but did have this expensive fabric on them that I actually think is very cute. The majority of my furniture is distressed or some version of white wash. Its killing me not to have a house up here, but I know its just a matter of time before we find the perfect one. Until then we are staying at my parents lake house on Lake Norman... which looking at the lake is not to hard to take lol. The PROBLEM is that I'm just a nester... for every Allure, Marie Claire, Glamour magazine I get I purchase two home design magazines. So for right now most of our belongings and furniture are in the pool house apartment in boxes and up against walls. I feel like if I completely unpack its like resorting myself to a longer life of lake house living... which is great, but its not "our" home. Its funny how when I was younger I would absolutely, positively, completely loathe going into furniture and decor stores- now I live for them! I guess my Aunt T was right- its in my blood (my Aunt T is an interior designer) and would come out eventually.
Back to the chairs- I used spray primer- which ended up covering as much of me as the chairs- and then painted them a creamy white. I then took sand paper and rubbed the edges. After I was done with that I took a hammer and then a bag of nails and literally banged the crap out of them- and they look GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment